Discuss how your own biases can impact the care you provide for your clients.
1. Describe what an implicit bias is.
2. Discuss how implicit biases, stereotypes, and prejudices can impact health care delivery in the field of occupational therapy.
3. Discuss how your own biases can impact the care you provide for your clients.
4. Use research and reputable resources to describe your plan on how you can further educate yourself on your bias(es) in preparation for providing OT services. Discuss strategies you will implement now and in practice.
5. Lastly, discuss how you will educate others (fellow students, community members, clients, friends, family, etc.) to combat biases, prejudices, and stereotypes. Use relevant research and resources in your paper and remember to use in-text citations. and reference page