Jan Swartz case analysis
1) Describe what you thought and how you felt when you when you first came to understand how COVID-19 would affect your life?
2) The COVID-19 pandemic tested the resilience of people and organizations all over the world. What is psychological resilience? Feel free to look up the definition of psychological resilience and even consult Wikipedia. In your own words, what is psychological resilience?
3) How did Jan Swartz develop and demonstrate resilience?
4) Do you believe you have psychological resilience? Why or why not?
5) Research has shown that resilience can be taught and built up through intentional, strategic steps. If you believe you have psychological resilience, how did you develop it? If you do not believe you have psychological resilience, how would you go about developing it?
6) Jan Swartz ensured that all Princess employees understood and lived byte company’s values: Connect, Respect, Protect. Swartz believed that that their shared purpose and values served as a guiding principle for the company as Princess’ employees were making decisions that could be life or death. Discuss the values that you live by. How do these values help you make important decisions? Please give an example. Are these values shared by your friends and the organizations in which you are a member of? Why or why not?