SOLVED : articlewritingcafe.net – How is sound transmitted from the environment outside the body to the inner ear? /2022
SOLVED : articlewritingcafe.net –
- Explain how normal hearing occurs. Include in your discussion the following points:
- How is sound transmitted from the environment outside the body to the inner ear?
- What structures are involved, and how do they transmit sound?
- What happens in the inner ear (cochlea) when sound waves are converted to neural signals? How is sound frequency (pitch) processed?
- Next, summarize the causes of presbycusis and explain how they will interfere with the normal processing of sound as outlined above.
- Discuss one source of presbycusis involving a problem with the outer/middle ear.
- Discuss one source of presbycusis involving a problem with the inner ear.
- Finally, describe what it might be like to have presbycusis. Include the following points:
- If you have normal hearing now, how would your ability to converse with others be affected?
- What activities that you now enjoy would be limited by this condition?
- How would such a condition affect your work life?