What is your group’s history related to prejudice and discrimination?
Complete a rough draft of your Culture Project Research Paper. Make sure your draft includes:
· Minimum of one page for each section, or 1,000 words total for the rough draft.
· Address key questions for the four sections of the paper:
1. What is your group’s history related to prejudice and discrimination?
· What are the legal, political, and economic challenges facing this group?
· What are historical and current forms of individual and institutionalized discrimination facing this group?
2. If applicable, what is your group’s immigration experience?
· What are levels of assimilation?
· What are immigration trends over time?
3. What are your group’s health outcomes?
· How have prejudice and racism affected your group’s health?
· What is your group’s access to medical care and medical insurance?
· What are major illnesses affecting your group?
· What are the leading causes of death?
· What are the most pressing healthcare challenges facing your group today?
4. What are best practices for health care practitioners who engage with this group?
· Verbal and nonverbal communication style
· Cultural considerations
· Beginning and end-of-life decisions
· Dietary guidelines
· How gender affects medical decision-making