Why is it difficult to directly codify tacit knowledge?
1. Why is it difficult to directly codify tacit knowledge?
2. What are some of the pitfalls that may be encountered in capturing tacit knowledge? How would you address these?
3. What is the purpose of a learning history? What are its key components?
4. What are the major taxonomic approaches to codifying knowledge that has been
captured? What sorts of criteria would help you decide which one(s) to use in a given
organization? How would you maintain the taxonomy?
5. Define knowledge continuity management and discuss its strategic implications for
knowledge capture and codification.